As a result of the proactive siting policy of Fährhafen Sassnitz GmbH, Sassnitz-Mukran has become a major industrial site.
Several large scale projects have already been realized on site:
- Europe’s most advanced fish processing plant “Euro-Baltic”
- the "Nord Stream" gas pipeline project, construction of gas pipeline from Russia to Germany across the Baltic Sea
- Construction site for components for the City Circle Line of the Copenhagen Metro
- Prototype production for rotor blades “EUROS“
- Viela Export GmbH, operator of modern agricultural terminal
- Deutsche BOGENN GmbH, manufacturer of plastic pipes.